Friday, June 11, 2010

Just our luck

Thank goodness I can find humor in the crazy things that happen to us.
Yesterday after Steve got off work, we were going to hit Bacardi factory one last time, drop some things off in housing, and then relax with a friend and her daughter back at the hotel pool. We are driving and all the kids fall asleep- perfect, but I suddenly felt really ill. I thought maybe it was Steve's driving... I mean he drives crazy and it is not uncommon to get sick while being a passenger in his car. :x So we make it to Bacardi, and I sit in the car with the sleeping kids while he shops in the gift shop. Then we head to housing after a brief stop at the PX to pick some clothes up for Maddy who has decided to spend the night with a friend (and due to traffic it was easier to stop and pick her up some clothes than go back to the hotel- yes traffic is that crazy!)
Pick up the friend's little girl that was coming to visit from daycare for her and make a stop to pick up our medical records that were supposed to be ready 3 weeks ago.
That is a joke. First of all they lost Madison & Carson's records. The woman who comes out to talk to me knows very little English and has to go get someone who does. Mind you I have already been waiting 20 minutes. We requested the records a month ago, so they had plenty of notice, and they told us they would be ready for pick up in 5 days. I wait.... and wait.... and wait. Finally someone comes and tells me Medical records is closed now for the day. WTF! I got there before they closed- not my fault they are incompetent and lost the records! I try not to get too nasty with the woman, and explain I have been waiting for almost 40 minutes now- and that medical records was open when I got there. She goes back to talk to the supervisor. 10 minutes later the supervisor comes out explains that they have my records and Ashley's records copied, but they need a doctors signature to release them, and they found Maddy & Carson's chart, but the records are not copied. She asks if she can mail them to me, and then tells me it will be $100 for the records! Now I am mad, I don't feel good, they screwed up and there should be no charge to get our records traveling on Government orders. I not so nicely explain this to her. She promises me that they will mail all the records out on Monday- of course we don't have an address yet, which I explain to her- and then she tells me to just come pick them up on Monday. I repeat that we are flying off Island this weekend- and that we will not be returning. She says never? I said NEVER! OMG. She takes my In-laws address and says once I pay she will mail them- I told her to get her supervisor now- the supervisor comes 15 minutes later- and I explain to her that I will not pay for the records unless I have them in hand- that they can put the bill in with the records.
I show her the military orders, and the release form that was originally filled out a month ago, and supposed to be ready in 5 days, and told her that even if there was a charge ( which there is not supposed to be) that due to the inconveince they have caused, they should waive it. With a little argument she finally agreed, and supposedly my records will be mailed on Monday- we will see! Yes this can happen anywhere- but the long wait an the language frustrations add to it, on top of me not feeling well. I come out over an hour later, empty handed. Steve just laughed. Head to the hotel in major traffic.
I am feeling even worse, chills, body aches, fighting the urge to vomit, sore throat... and the girls are in the back seat making themselves gag- sticking their fingers down their throats...why???? Poor things I turn around and not so nicely tell them to quit it! After over an hour sitting in traffic - make it to the hotel, and I took some OTC meds and took a nap- kids play in other room.
Get up to have dinner with friend, and say goodbye- goodbye's stink!
Crash for the night. Steve has to get up this morning and be at the VCP to ship the car off by 5:30 am. I get up but still feel awful, go back to bed and thankfully my kids are sleeping soundly. Steve texts me that they are having a protest in front of the VCP! This place and their protests. He is not sure if he will get the car shipped. AHHH. Meantime, Maddy gets dropped back off and we have to say more goodbyes. :( It's hard to watch my kiddo's have to say goodbye.
It then mentioned to me about being bit by mosquito's and the Dengue Fever that they can carry and happens to be an epidemic here right now. So I come up and google the symptoms... "Dengue fever usually starts suddenly with a high fever, rash, severe headache, pain behind the eyes, and muscle and joint pain. The severity of the joint pain has given dengue the name "breakbone fever." Nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite are common. A rash usually appears 3 to 4 days after the start of the fever"
I don't have a rash, and don't think I have a high fever and my throat is very sore... so I am thinking I don't have to worry, but still. That would just be my luck!

Good news though is that if it is that, I am not contagious- unless your a mosquito or vampire. :-)

Steve just arrived back at 11am- 51/2 hours to ship the car!
Carson is throwing a fit because his carseat is in the hotel room & should be in the car. Try to explain the car is going on a boat and we will get it later after we take a airplane. Now he is back on the "I want to go home" kick. Madison is moping because she had to say goodbye to her BF, and Ashley just wants to swim, and Steve has escaped the hotel room ... leaving me alone once again - sick and with these monsters of mine! I do love him... I do love my life and I adore my kids. Just have to remind myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment