Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 2 & 3

Well, Everyone is still alive & we have not left any kids behind....yet. The Howard's sent us off yesterday morning after a great pancake breakfast. Then we headed to Panama City to see Jessica and her kids- Jessica and I were Co-Daisy Girl Scout Leaders when Maddy & her daughter Ginna were in kindergarten in Port St Lucie, FL. They have relocated to Pensacola so since we were a couple hours a way we decided to make a detour for a visit before heading to Lawrenceville (?) Georgia for the night. Jess has Ginna (12), Liz(8),Jack(3)and Micah(19mos)- so basically kids all my kids age! We met at a cute park, but it was so blasting hot we headed down the road to the Pensacola Naval Aviation Museum- which was air conditioned! It had a great little play area, and the kids could climb in and out of some of the Blue Angel's planes. They had a blast together. It was great detour- we seen some old friends and an awesome museum. Then we had some Sonic for dinner- Yummy. It was a late night of driving and we were all exhausted. I finally slept all night with out coughing- but Steve informed me in the morning when I woke up complaining of a sore throat and a headache that I deserved them both- I was snoring all night long. But the sleep was great!
Today we had a short drive to Morganton, NC to visit my Cousin Cheri and her family & my Uncle John and Aunt Carol took their vacation a few days early and met us there! It was great to see them all. The cousins made fast friends and had a blast splashing in the pool. Carson was in heaven with her 3 boys and all the cars to play with and Ashley and Shea hit it off and had a great time playing make-over! Oh the glitter. They did not want to leave each other. I have to say I am very impressed with her kids- they are so well mannered and helpful! It was a very nice break for me because they entertained and cleaned up after Carson- and he "lubs them" ! ( that is love for those of you who don't get his babbles) We finally formally got to meet Cheri's husband Nick- it seems any time Cheri and I are in the same place our husbands are working. Wish we had more time- seems to be the theme of our trip. But so far this has been a wonderful trip and I am so glad we have the opportunity to do it- a short visit is better than none at all.
Baltimore Bound tomorrow to visit Elisha and her boys! :) Pictures will be posted soon- I keep killing my camera battery.

1 comment:

  1. Tracy,
    I love it! Love to hear the stories of your travels! It really helps us all to follow you, steve and the family. Keep the blogs coming!

    ReplyDelete