Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It only just begun

This adventure only started on June 3rd, and it will continue on until we find a home on the other end once we arrive July 13th. I think I am certifiably insane for taking this on and being excited about it with 3 kids. Carson has only asked once today to go home, so he is getting better. We are all sun baked and water logged from spending the last 5 days by the pool. Only 5 more days and we jet out of here to start the journey by car. Oh god...if the littles are making me crazy in a hotel room, what are they gonna do to me in a car? I am eating tums like they are candy already, not sure if it is from eating out or from my nerves.

Eating out is already getting old. Trying to make wise choices so not to gain 50 lbs while we are traveling. Madison has had chicken wings for lunch, dinner and in between, Carson and Ashley are going to turn into a cheese pizza and I can't even think about chicken Caesar salad without getting a little sick.

Steve is still working, up before dawn and not back until dinner. Can't wait for the next half of the trip when he will be around all the time. (remind me I said that later) Thank goodness we are done with the checkout in housing. I am so glad to be out of there. It has been like living in the projects in Akron for the last 2 years, the only good thing has been the air conditioning- of course the mold we have been breathing because the duct systems have never been cleaned may kill us all yet. We are all breathing much easier since leaving. Even Maddy's cold that she has been fighting for several weeks is getting better- It had to be the environment we were in. I guess I should be thankful we had a roof over out heads. :)

Anyways, it has only just begun and I am already nuts. My kids fight over everything, Carson is still confused as to what is going on and we are all cranky. I am trying to relax and enjoy the last few days of this Island, sitting poolside with a frozen beverage- pretending that the 3 obnoxious kids fighing in the pool do not belong to me. :)
I'll keep you posted on how that goes for me.






1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I do think there is a bit of crazy when you travel with three kids on purpose; but if someone can do it is you! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete